Consider to uninstall Transmit but not sure how to do it right? As a free file transfer client for macOS, Transmit attracts many users to download and install on their Macs. Like other third party apps, Transmit can be uninstalled after you move it from the Applications folder to the Trash. However, the app data and preferences could still leave behind on your system. If you don’t want to keep useless files which occupy your disk space, follow the correct steps in this post to perform a perfect uninstall.
Is there possible to delete all components of a target app in a few clicks even though many of them scatter around the system? It could happen if you have a handy, professional removal tool, like Osx Uninstaller. As a lightweight remover optimized for the latest version of macOS, Osx Uninstaller provides a quick way for its users to get rid of unwanted apps in an intuitive interface and within several simple clicks.
Here are how you can easily uninstall Transmit by using reputable Osx Uninstaller:
Now Transmit has been fully removed from your macOS system. The whole removal process lasts less than one minute if you are familiar with the procedure. Interested in trying this tool? Please note that Osx Uninstaller is a paid software, and that means you will need to pay for a valid activation license before using it to remove Mac apps.
What to do if you prefer to manually uninstall Transmit rather than using third party tools? Actually you need to do more than just deleting Transmit in Applications folder. As mentioned before, most third party apps, once installed, create additional files outside the app package, like preferences, caches, or supporting plugins. To uninstall Transmit completely on your Mac, please follow the instructions below step by step.
1. Quit Transmit by right-clicking the Transmit icon in Dock and choosing Quit
2. Open up Finder, and head to the Applications folder from the Go menu on the top
3. Right click on Transmit in the Applications folder and choose Move to Trash ( alternatively, you can drag Transmit icon and drop it into the Trash in Dock)
4. Click Finder > Empty Trash from the top menu bar, and choose Empty Trash button in the confirmation window that pops up ( or instead, head to the Trash, right click on Transmit, choose Delete Permanently, and click Delete button in the dialog)
5. In an active Finder window, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar
6. Type ~/Library in the box, and hit Enter key to access to the hidden folder
7. Type Transmit (or Panic) in the search bar in the upper right corner
8. Click Library under the search box to display the search result in this folder
9. Identify the items that contain the keyword in the search result, then control-select all related items, right click on any of them, and choose Move to Trash to delete them
10. Repeat the steps to delete Transmit remnants in the Library folder if any exists
You may be able to find some Transmit components in these directories:
~/Library/Application Support/Transmit Disk
Important Advice: we really do not recommend Mac beginners to manually delete app vestiges, because any mistake made in this process could have impact on system or other apps. To avoid any risk in the thorough deletion, consider to use Osx Uninstaller as the first choice in various uninstall tasks. Or at least, don’t rush to empty the Trash, until you make sure that everything goes well after moving suspicious files and folder into the Trash.
Now you come to the end of this removal tutorial <How Can I Totally Uninstall Transmit for Mac>. Which removal solution do you think is more efficient and time-saving? What other problems do you even encountered when uninstalling apps on Mac? Share your thoughts with us here.